Can You Get Ink Poisoning from a Pen? The Truth Exposed

Oct 31, 2019 · Ink: ball-point pens, felt-tip pens, and fountain pens contain so little ink that there is not enough to cause poisoning if it is sucked from a pen. Some inks may cause soreness in the mouth. Large amounts of ink swallowed from a bottle could be irritant, but serious poisoning has not been reported. However, there’s a caveat to all this.…

My child swallowed ink from a pen - Doctor answers

Helpful, trusted answers from doctors: Dr. Phelan-adams on my child swallowed ink from a pen: Unfortunately we have plenty of experience with this.If the pair made it into the stomach it should pass within 3-4 days (2 at earliest unless the kid has diarrhea).You can feed the kid some stewed okra, this forms a congeal around the sharp points and helps it pass.Your doc can x-ray the kids belly Monday ……